Since the founding of the CBE in 1990, industry and the CBE have benefited from a strong collaborative relationship that revolves around a dynamic industry membership program. Through their membership, CBE Industrial Associates have direct access to the CBE's emerging knowledge and technologies, and play a vital role in guiding the CBE toward industrial relevance. Benefits to membership include the following:
- Attendance at industrial meetings. Semi-annual industrial meetings are the key to Industrial Associates interaction with the CBE researchers and students. The meetings are open to all members of Industrial Associate companies and are exclusive to Industrial Associate members and CBE research collaborators (non-member companies may visit once to preview the Industrial Associate program). At each conference, exclusive workshops are provided to give Industrial Associates hands-on training on the latest biofilm analytical techniques. See Special Invitation to the next industrial meeting.
- One vote on the CBE Technical Advisory Committee to guide CBE research and policy.
- Two days consultation. Industrial Associates are provided up to two person-days per year of consultation by CBE researchers.
- Long-term visits. The CBE is available to Industrial Associate representatives for any length of time to conduct research in collaboration with CBE researchers.
- Sponsored research. An Industrial Associate or consortium of Industrial Associates have the opportunity to direct Center expertise and to expand fundamental research toward addressing specific concerns by sponsoring research beyond the pooled research program.
- Specialized workshops. Upon request, the CBE will provide a customized workshop for an Industrial Associate or group of Industrial Associates either at Montana State University or at a site selected by the Industrial Associate(s). Fees for specialized workshops will be negotiated.
- Contact with students. The CBE provides a highly valued education to students in biofilm research, project management, teamwork and experience with industrially relevant projects. Industrial Associates have access to these students for internships, permanent hire and other activities.
- Publications. Industrial Associates are provided early access to the CBE publications and receive free copies of the CBE reprints and posters.
- Standardized Biofilm Methods (SBM) laboratory. Industrial Associates have access to SBM to apply biofilm analytical methods to solve industrial problems in an education environment.
The Industrial Associate membership program is $30,000 per year per company. Please email Paul Sturman or phone him at 406-994-2102 for further information on how the CBE works with industry in developing biofilm technology and solutions.
IA program benefits brochure