Associate Professor, Chemical and Biological Engineering
Office: 313 Cobleigh Hall
Specialty: Environmental biotechnology
Dr. Richards' research involves biofilm growth in extreme environments and exploring ways that microbes might be used to clean contaminated soils. She earned her doctorate in chemical engineering from Washington State University in 2007.
- Isolation and characterization of iron-chelating molecules, called siderophores. Particular focus on siderophores that are secreted by bacteria inhabiting environments of high salinity and pH.
- MSU’s Inaugural Spirit of Discovery Award for faculty, January 13, 2015
- Excellence in Advising Award from MSU's College of Engineering for 2012-13 academic year
- 2012 National Outstanding Advisor from the engineering honor society Tau Beta Pi
- Excellence in Teaching Award from MSU's College of Engineering for 2011-12 academic year
Biofilm related publications searchable under "Publications" on the left sidebar