Regents Professor, Chemical and Biological Engineering
Office: 307 Barnard Hall
Specialty: Biofilm control strategies
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Stanford University, 1988.
- Senior Chemical Engineer, Bechtel Environmental, San Francisco, California, 1990-1991.
- NATO Postdoctoral Fellow, Institut Jacques Monod, Paris, France 1988-1989.
- Research and Development Engineer, Lonza AG, Visp, Switzerland 1982-1983.
Areas of Expertise
- Biofilm control with antimicrobial agents
- Transport phenomena in biofilms
- Biofilm modeling
- Biofilm detachment
Biofilm related publications searchable by author via CBE Publications Database
“MSU’s Phil Stewart named Montana University System Regents Professor” MSU News Nov. 21, 2019
“MSU biofilm researchers help doctors understand, treat chronic wounds” MSU News July 15, 2019
“MSU biofilm researchers explain how life-threatening bacterium can withstand antibiotics” MSU News Service July 18, 2018
“MSU hosts fifth annual conference to help move life-saving products to the marketplace” MSU News Service February 15, 2018