Regents Professor, Chemical and Biological Engineering
Office: 307 Barnard Hall
Specialty: Biofilm control strategies
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Stanford University, 1988.
- Senior Chemical Engineer, Bechtel Environmental, San Francisco, California, 1990-1991.
- NATO Postdoctoral Fellow, Institut Jacques Monod, Paris, France 1988-1989.
- Research and Development Engineer, Lonza AG, Visp, Switzerland 1982-1983.
Areas of Expertise
- Biofilm control with antimicrobial agents
- Transport phenomena in biofilms
- Biofilm modeling
- Biofilm detachment
Biofilm related publications searchable by author via CBE Publications Database
“MSU wins $3 million grant for providing nanotechnology resources to region” MSU News 09/01/2020
“MSU’s Phil Stewart named Montana University System Regents Professor” MSU News 11/21/2019
“MSU biofilm researchers help doctors understand, treat chronic wounds” MSU News 07/15/2019