Professor, Chemical and Biological Engineering
Office: 307 Barnard Hall
Specialty: Biofilm control strategies
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Stanford University, 1988.
- Senior Chemical Engineer, Bechtel Environmental, San Francisco, California, 1990-1991.
- NATO Postdoctoral Fellow, Institut Jacques Monod, Paris, France 1988-1989.
- Research and Development Engineer, Lonza AG, Visp, Switzerland 1982-1983.
Areas of Expertise
- Biofilm control with antimicrobial agents
- Transport phenomena in biofilms
- Biofilm modeling
- Biofilm detachment
Biofilm related publications searchable via CBE Publications Database
“MSU biofilm researchers explain how life-threatening bacterium can withstand antibiotics” MSU News Service July 18, 2018
“MSU hosts fifth annual conference to help move life-saving products to the marketplace” MSU News Service February 15, 2018