MSU's Center for Biofilm Engineering offers an ideal setting for the interdisciplinary, collaborative research that is the basis for our worldwide reputation in the field of biofilms. Graduate and undergraduate students work under the guidance of the CBE's multidisciplinary faculty in contiguous laboratories to solve problems associated with biofilms in medical, industrial, and environmental contexts. The CBE's standing in the international research community attracts visiting students and faculty from all parts of the world, providing a culturally diverse and stimulating academic environment.
Opportunity for PhD applicants to study biofilms:
- Graduate Program
- NSF-IGERT PhD Program: Traineeships in Geobiological Systems
- W.G. Characklis Award for PhD students at the CBE
- Graduate Education in Health for Minority Scholars (GEhMS)
- John Neuman Memorial Fund
- Warren Jones Memorial Scholarship