Professor, Chemical and Biological Engineering
Office: 315 Cobleigh Hall
Specialty: Metabolic engineering, metabolic networks; chronic wounds
PhD Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, 2003
- Carlson, R.P. (2009) Decomposition of complex microbial behaviors into resource-based stresses. Bioinformatics. 25:90-97.
- Carlson, R.P., Taffs, R., Davison, W.M., Stewart, P.S. (2008) Anti-biofilm properties of chitosan coated surfaces. Journal of Biomaterials Science: Polymer Edition. 19:1035-1046.
- Carlson, R.P. (2007) Metabolic systems cost-benefit analysis for interpreting network structure and regulation. Bioinformatics. 23:1258-1264.
- Carlson, R., Srienc, F. (2006) Gene dosage effects on polyhydroxyalkanoate production in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Journal of Biotechnology. 124:561-573.
- Carlson, R., Wlaschin, A., Srienc, F. (2005) Kinetic studies and biochemical pathway
analysis of anaerobic poly(R)-3-hydroxybutyric acid synthesis in Escherichia coli. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 71:713-720.
Go to the Carlson lab website
View Dr. Carlson's CV
Additional biofilm related publications searchable under "Publications" on the left sidebar
MSU News Service October 18, 2017 “MSU researchers receive $1.8 million to study methane-converting microbes”